Updated: Oct 6, 2022
CARROT HALWA RECIPE
Carrot halwa recipe is one of the best Indian sweet pudding recipe. It is made with grated carrot, sugar, khova, ghee, cardamom and milk topped with dry fruits of ones choice. It is usually served cold with a scoop of Ice cream and /or served as it is.
Carrot – 1 Kg
Sugar – 750g / 3/4 kg
Cardamom – 8-10
Khova / Mawa – 250g / 1/4 kg ( unsweetened)
Kesari – 1/4 teaspoon
Ghee – 1 Cup
Milk – 1/2 litre
Procedure of carrot halwa recipe:
1.Take desired amount of all the dry fruits mentioned above according to your taste. Crush the cashew nut, almond and saltless pista coarsely.
2. In a pan, take 4 table spoon of ghee and add all the dry fruits and give it a good fry for 2 minutes.
3. Take out the roasted dry fruits in a seperate bowl and keep it aside.
4. Cook the grated carrot in a cooker without adding water and without the whistle for 15 minutes.
5. In the same pan, add cooked carrot along with the water that has been left by the carrot while getting cooked and sugar and give it a good mix.
6. Once the sugar melts completely saute it continuously and slowly all the water content start getting absorbed.
7. Add milk and Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
8. Simmer it in a medium flame until the milk sets with the carrot and sugar mixture.
9. Grind the cardamom with 1 or 2 tablespoon of sugar and add it to the mixture. You can also add the cardamom as it is.
10. Furthermore, add khova at the last stage and mix well.
11. Turn off the stove when the texture is slightly thin because consistency thickens once it is cool down.
SECRET TIPS :
Adding khova improves texture and consistency of carrot halwa. You can also add jamun mix powder instead of khova.
You can also use sweetened khova and add sugar accordingly.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comment section when you give it a try. If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family. And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE : KODUBALE