Paddu is one of the tasty and delicious south Indian breakfast recipe. This is served with coconut chutney.
Ingredients for paddu:
1. Rice – 1 Cup
2. Idli rice/kusulakki – 1 Cup
3. Bengal gram – 1 handful
4. Urad daal – 1 handful
5. poha – 1 handful
1. Onion – 3
2. Green chilly – 6
3. Coriander – 6 stems
4. Dill leaves/ sabasige soppu – 6 stems
5. Grated coconut – 1/4 Cup
Procedure for making paddu:
1. Soak all the ingredients in the list A for 3-4 hours.
2. grind it coarsely and keep it aside for 10-12 hours.
3. In a pan, take 2 table spoon of oil and fry all the ingredients in the List B except grated coconut.
4. Add the fried onion mixture to the above prepared mixture which is prepared by grinding and mix well.
5. In a paddu pan, put the batter and cook both the sides for 5-6 minutes.
Tastes better when it’s hot served with chutney.
Chutney link is given below, you can make which ever you feel tasty. My personal favorite with paddu is Coconut chutney.
1. Neither fry the ingredients of the List A too much nor add it without frying.
2. Don’t grind the ingredients of the List A into fine paste.
Do give it a try and let me know how it goes in the comment section. If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family. And also follow our instagram page rasadouthana for quick and easy recipe updates.
Have a nice Cooking time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE : VERMICELLI PAYASA