Updated: Oct 6, 2022
Puri unde is a classic and traditional dish, which is used as an offering to god especially during krishna janmashtami. puri unde is also called as murmura ladoo, puri undai, puffed rice balls and many more names in different places.
Puri unde is one of my favorite crunchy snack to munch in the evening since childhood. But i didn’t know this recipe is so simple. It just requires two ingredients and will be ready in 15-20 minutes. Hope you guys too find it simple and give it a try.
1. Puffed rice/ Puri – 100g
2. Jaggery – 200g
Procedure for making puri unde :
1. Measure both the ingredients and keep it in a bowl.
2. Pre Heat the pan for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add puffed rice/puri and dry roast for 2 minutes until the puffed rice becomes powder when crushed.
4. Once it’s done, transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
5. To the same pan, add powdered jaggery.
6. Add 3 tablespoon of water and allow it to melt completely.
7. Stir it continuously and once it melts completely sieve it to get rid off impurities in the jaggery.
8. Put the pure jaggery syrup to the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes, take a drop of syrup and put it in a bowl of water.
9. If the jaggery syrup forms a ball without melting in the water, then it’s ready.
10. Further more, add puffed rice to the pan and mix well by turning off the flame.
11. Slightly wet your hands and take a spoonful of puffed rice mixture and make into a ball.
SECRET TIPS :
1.Have to Make balls quickly when it’s hot.
2. Consistency of the jaggery syrup should be perfect, if it becomes thick, unde becomes hard. if it becomes thin, unde comes apart while making the ball.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comment section when you give it a try.
If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family.
And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.