Daal is a North Indian most common recipe. But i have given a south Indian touch to a North Indian recipe.
1. Toordaal – 1/2 Cup
2. Moongdaal – 1/2 Cup
3. Oil – 2 Table spoon
4. Mustard – 1 Tea spoon
5. Jeera – 1 Tea spoon
6. Onion – 1
7. Tomato – 1
8. Garlic – 1
9. Green chilly – 6-8
Procedure for making daal:
1. In a cooker, take toor and moong daal and 2 cups of water(double the cup of toor and moong daal) and allow it to cook for 10-15 minutes. Make sure it is soft.
2. In a pan, heat the oil and add mustard, jeera, onion, garlic, green chilly and saute it until the onion turns golden brown.
3. Add tomato and fry for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add cooked daal, salt and turmeric to the pan.
5. Let it set for 5minutes.
6. Garnish it with coriander.
Serves : 4
Tastes better with chapathi and paratha.
Moong daal is the taste enhancer!!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and do let me know how it goes in the comment section. If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family. And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.
Have a nice Cooking time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE : 7 CUPS