Avarekaalu rotti is very tasty and delicious seasonal breakfast. Famous avarekaalu recipe includes Avarekaalu rotti, Avarekaalu uppittu, Avarekaalu usli and so on.
Avarekaalu/hyacinth beans season is here and most of the people love avarekaalu. So here is one of my favorite recipe of avarekaalu to the people who loves avarekaalu.
1. Rice flour – 1 cup
2. Avarekaalu/hyacinth beans – 1/2 cup
3. Onion (chopped) – 2 no’s
4. Coriander ( chopped) – 1/2 wisp
5. Dill leaves – 1/2 wisp
6. Sesame seeds – 2 tablespoon
7. Cumin / jeera – 2 tablespoon
8. Coconut ( grated) – 1/2 cup
9. Green chilli (finely chopped) – 6
Procedure for making Avarekaalu rotti:
1. Pressure cook avarekaalu by adding 2 cups of water for 2-3 whistles.
2. In a mixing bowl, add rice flour, chopped onion, green chilli, coriander and dill leaves and give it a rough mix.
3. Add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, coconut, salt and give it good mix.
4. At last add avarekaalu and mix gently.
5. Add the water with which avarekaalu is cooked to make the dough when it’s hot enough.
6. Take a small ball of dough on a oil cover and press gently until you get a round shape.
7. Make a small hole in the center so as to cook nicely.
8. Heat the tawa by the time you press the rotti.
9. Flip the oil cover on the hot tawa and gently remove it from the pressed dough.
10. Add oil in the center and edges and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
11. Flip the rotti and cook the other side by adding ghee.
12. Serve it with coconut chutney or green chutney.
If you want to keep the dough for later, then mix all the ingredients without water and add water to how much you want to prepare at that time.
Since we’re adding salt, the dough becomes so soft later and won’t be able to make properly.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comment section when you give it a try.
If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family.
And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.