BISI BELE BATH
Bisi bele bath is one of the most common and healthiest South Indian breakfast recipe. It has everything that our body needs, lentils, rice and vegetables. BEST GADGETS UNDER BUDGET
1. Rice – 1 Cup
2. Toor dal – 1 Cup
3. Mixed vegetables – 1 Cup
4. Onion – 3
5.Tomato – 2
6. Dry coconut – 1/2 cup
7. Bisi bele bath powder – 3 Table spoon
9. Oil – 4 Table spoon
10. Mustard – 1 Tea spoon
11. Curry leaves
12. Jaggery – 1 Table spoon
13. Tamrind juice – 2 Table spoon
14. Turmeric – 1/2 Tea spoon
1. Add 1 cup toor dal and 3 cups of water to a cooker and cook for 2 whistles.
2. In a seperate cooker, take oil and let it heat on medium flame.
3. Add mustard, curry leaves , onion and give it a mix.
4. Fry until onion turns transparent and add tomato.
5. Once tomato becomes soft, add vegetables.
6. Saute it for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the cooked dal along with water and rice.
8. Add 4 or 5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice depending upon the consistency.
9. Add turmeric, salt, bisi bele bath powder, jaggery, tamrind juice and dry coconut or dedicated coconut.
10. Mix well and allow it to simmer.
11. Once it starts boiling, close the lid and cook for 3 whistles.
12. When cooker is depressurized, mix well and serve hot with a spoon of ghee.
I have used home made bisi bele bath powder, if you would like you can check it out here bisi bele bath powder recipe or use the readymade bisi bele bath powder available in the market.
I have taken beans, carrot, potato and peas. You can add any other vegetable according to your taste and preferences.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comment section when you give it a try. If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family. And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE : WANGI BATH