CHANA DAL SUNDAL
CHANA DAL SUNDAL
Chana dal sundal is one of the easy and great recipe. This is usually prepared during festival as a prasada. Especially during Ganesha chathurthi. And also this dish is served in festival meals on banana leaf.
If you’re dieting, this is a great recipe for mid morning breakfast or evening snack. During this Navrathri, you can make this recipe to break the fasting.
This can be served as breakfast, goes well with rice and sambar and also with chapathi.
Here is a detailed recipe of Kadle bele usli.
1. Chana dal/ bengal gram – 1 cup
2. Green chilli – 4-5
3. Oil – 3 tablespoon
4. Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
5. Hing/ asafetida – 1/4 teaspoon
6. Coconut ( grated) – 1/2 cup
7. Curry leaves – 2 strands
8. Coriander leaves( chopped) – 2 table spoon
9. Lemon juice – 1 table spoon
Procedure for making chana dal sundal:
1. Soak the chana dal for half an hour.
2. Transfer the chana dal to a pressure cooker and cook for 2-3 whistles.
3. Once it’s done, drain off the water if there’s any and keep it aside.
4. In a pan, add oil and allow it to heat up.
5. Add mustard, once it splutter out add green chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder and hing.
6. Once the green chilli turns into light green, add the cooked chana dal and salt and give it a good mix.
7. Cover and let it cook for 2-3 minutes so that chana dal absorbs salt and spice.
8. Furthermore, add grated coconut and chopped coriander and mix well.
9. Turn off the stove and add lemon juice and mix well.
You can also add chopped onions while adding green chilli.
Don’t over soak. If you’ve soaked for more than half an hour then you gotta balance it with the number of whistles you cook for.
Daily consumption of 1/2 tablespoon of ginger juice with 1 tablespoon of honey cures dry cough quickly.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comment section when you give it a try.
If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family.
And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.