Oats kichdi is one of my favorite diet recipes. This is so filling, easy to make recipe. Who says that you cannot eat tasty food while dieting. You can make diet food taste yummy too. So here is a recipe of Oats kichdi which you can make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Give it a shot and enjoy dieting.
1. Plain oats – 1 cup
2. Moong dal – 1 cup
3. onion(small) – 1
4. Green chilly – 3-4
5. Curry leaves – 1 table spoon
6. Coriander leaves – 1 table spoon
7. Coconut ( grated) – 2 table spoon
8. Oil – 2 table spoon
9. Jeera – 1 teaspoon
10. Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
11. Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
Procedure for making oats kichdi:
1. Dry roast the plain oats for 3-4 minutes until it turns light brown color.
2. Cook moong dal for 3 whistles in a pressure cooker by adding 2 cups of water.
3. Take oil in a pan, add jeera and black pepper.
4. Furthermore add onion, curry leaves and green chilly and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add cooked moong dal and give it a good mix.
6. Add turmeric, salt and 2 more cups of water and allow it to boil.
7. Once it starts boiling, add previously roasted oats along with stirring.
8. Add water according to your desired consistency.
9. Close the lid for 3 minutes and turn off the stove.
10. Give it a good mix and it’s ready to serve.
Always dry roast the oats or soak the oats before using it in any recipe that way you don’t get any digestion issues like bloating.
Eating 6-8 curry leaves along with 1/2 teaspoon of jeera in an empty stomach cures regular acidity or gastritis.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comment section when you give it a try.
If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family.
And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.