Poha upma or avalakki uppittu is very tasty to eat as a brunch, evening snack or as light dinner.
1. Poha – 1 Cup
2. Oil – 4 Table spoon
3. Mustard – 1 Tea spoon
4. Asafoetida – 1/4 Tea spoon
5. Bengal gram – 2 Table spoon
6. Urad daal – 1 Table spoon
7. Onion – 2
8. Green chilly – 5-6
9. Curry leaves – 6-7 leaves
10. Turmeric – 1/4 Tea spoon
11. Grated coconut – 1/4 Cup
12. Lemon juice – 3-4 Table spoon
13.Coriander – 3 stems
Procedure for making poha upma :
1. Wash poha 3-4 times nicely and soak it for 10mins.
2. Strain out the water and keep it aside.
3. In a pan, take oil and add mustard, asafoetida, bengal gram, urad daal, onion, green chilly, curry leaves and saute it until the onion turns golden brown.
4. Add turmeri, salt and poha to the pan.
5. Mix well and fry for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add grated coconut, coriander and mix well.
7. Turn off the stove and add lemon juice.
8. Mix well and serve hot.
Serves : 3
Tastes better when it’s hot.
1. Poha won’t get spoiled if you give it a nice fry.
2. Since the poha is tasteless, more the masala, more the taste.
Do give it a try and let me know how it goes in the comment section.
Have a nice Cooking time. If you like the recipe, kindly share it with your friends and family. And also follow our Instagram page rasadouthana for more updates.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE : 7 CUPS